Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Only two more weeks of school

School has gone by like a whirlwind this year. It has been amazing to see Trinity grasp and love (yes love-she does NOT get this from me) algebra. She is a ravenous reader devouring books (particularly horses as characters-Misty of Chincoteague, Black Beauty, and Wild Mustangs) and always ready for more. I am so proud of her and she is so so smart. I am so hard on her sometimes when I know she is not using all gears in her school work. But at the same time I can really see how incredibly smart and talented this girl is. I try to show her her potential and how beautiful she is through her actions, sensitivity, her talents (the girl can sing like an angel), her love and devotion to God, and how smart she is. I hope one day she will see half of what I do in herself. I pray everyday this girl will use the blessings God has given her to reach others for Him. She is growing so fast and I pray that I won't tell her I'm too busy for her sweet hugs. I pray I will listen when she needs to talk, vent, hash things out. I pray she will know she can come to me with anything and I will love her more just for opening up to me. I pray God would make me a better mother to her and Brendan and now Annaliese. How many times do I end the day with regrets that I should have held them a little longer and enjoyed their goofiness and playing instead of thinking about our lessons for school or wondering how we will find a job and not lose our home. In the end what will only matter is how I showed them my love and my faith. I pray that I will keep this fresh on my heart as I still see my children and their sweet innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment