Our new puppy is adorable...he's annoying and smelly too but we love him. When we adopted him I didn't know I was already a month pregnant. I thought that this dog we adopted from Pickens Animal Rescue would be the last baby in the family and I was ok with that. And the day we adopted him Craig (my very knowledgeable husband) said I bet we adopt him and we are pregnant. "Oh Craig you are so funny!", I say half joking half not wanting to believe he's right. So now that he has instilled the fear of possibly a puppy AND a new baby I go to Walmart to get a pregnancy test. And yes I am pregnant and yes with a puppy (a terrier mix no less I find out from the vet-the exact breed I did NOT want to adopt b/c they are not supposed to be great with small children). So it turns out I have severe morning sickness the entire first trimester and into the second trimester. Every time this adorable puppy comes near me I think I'm going to toss cookies. I think oh my what have I gotten myself into...I can't even smell this dog. And then to top it off he's eating the mice family we had move into our backyard. Well at least he's a good exterminator...I just wish the kids wouldn't kiss him on the mouth!! He is very good with Brendan smooshing his nose, sticking his fingers up his nose, and playing as if he's a horse. He still gets a little crazy and tries to tackle the kids. He tackles them as if they were my size and starts to nip. I have only had to chase (ok waddle after) him with a broom through the yard once.
And today he shows me what a scaredy cat he is. He's doing his business and an umbrella from our neighbors yard drifts over into ours and he leaps to the glass door (almost through it). We let him in and he proceeds to growl with the hairs on his back completely raised like an cat. Craig goes out to put the umbrella back in the neighbors yard and he will not go even close to it...still growling. It was hilarilous. I think if we were ever robbed he would run under the couch and tell us to fend for ourselves. What a guard dog-my big baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment