Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Swimming
Well yesterday I caved and let Brendan and Trinity have a small piece of chocolate before supper because they (Brendan)were exhausted from playing outside and swimming at the pool for the first time this summer. Craig got him this swimsuit that has a life preserver flotation device inside the tank part. I took some pictures of him in it because he's adorable. Here is running away from me and the camera:
And here he is hiding from me:
And then I told him his tushy is so cute in his swim trunks that he said, "Take a picture of my cute little tushy":
Craig said he wanted to swim by himself like sissy was swimming. So they stayed in the 3ft section and he kind of bobbled (like a buoy) around Craig and sissy. Sissy doggie paddled (Which is great for her) because she cannot stand water in her eyes. But when she saw the teenage girls doing handstands and shallow dives in the pool she came home saying she couldn't wait to do that too. I do believe some peer pressure (like seeing other kids swim and dive) is good for her because she then wants to do that too instead of being overwhelmed by fear. As a parent I want her to obey me and not be afraid and to trust me...but riding her bike and swimming are just a couple things that I can't force her to trust me on. She wants to do it herself. I remember being that way and so I back off and just smile when she's doggie paddling and smile when she is coasting on her bike (with her legs barely off the ground for a nanosecond). She is definitely more apprehensive and not adventurous as her brother. Brendan just flies into the pool and you have to make sure and tell him to tell you first so you can watch as he jumps in. Craig said there were a couple boys on a raft and one fell off and into the pool and came up saying, "Look at this dude". So Brendan jumps into the pool and comes up saying to Daddy," Look at this dude". So funny...I always knew he had a little surfer dude in him. Now I can't wait until I can get in my swimsuit again and have the ok from the doctor to join in the fun! I love summer!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment