It seems like Brendan saves all his squealing, raucous laughter, chasing and pinching the dogs nose, and his famous song "rain comin'down, rain comin' down" or "God made Jesus" song (where he sounds like the lead singer of Metallica) during the times Annaliese is either asleep for her morning nap or during a lesson of biology or algebra. And then as if he does it on purpose I will ask Trinity a question and he asks, "what?" knowing he is getting lazer beam Mama eye glaring at the back of his head as he continually runs in and out of our school room. All I gotta say is it's a good thing he's cute! But I wish I could remember all his hillarious explanations and thoughts on life that he spouts out during school or at meal times. Here are just a couple that cracked us up last night and this morning:
-I was talking about the yummy fried catfish at Greenwoods in Roswell and he begins to describe how catfish have bad whiskers and that's why we can eat catfish because they are not handsome like roaches (huh and ewww?) so we don't eat roaches but eat ugly looking catfish. This was during dinner and took him about five minutes to tell...and of course we were all trying not to laugh at how adorable he is. So that's why I eat ugly catfish...hmmm.
-Trinity's biology is going into creatures that defy evolution. We have a cool DVD with a scientist who used to support evolution and then saw that it was impossible. So as he is waiting for Trinity to finish her math sheet so we can watch the DVD I show him the pictures on the cover of the DVD. On the inside cover is a beautiful green grasshopper to which he starts to tell me this grasshopper is a killer...a giant killer grasshopper that jumps out of people's trash cans and steals trash cans (I don't think he understands what killer means yet...to him it means you have stolen somebody's trash can). And then there is a gorgeous lion next to the picture of the grasshopper and this lion is on the cover (according to Brendan) because it is showing you that the lion is going to do this and do that (he's now pointing to other advertized creatures that defy evolution DVD's and in it are pictures of porpoises under water) and then he's going to this and then do that and then he will steal trashcans too and pinch people's noses. Hmmm...ok sounds good Brendan. Trinity of course is laughing and says, "Brendan, that doesn't sound scary just ouchy!" He says, "No it is scary...pinching noses is scary...". Yes Brendan and so is someone stealing my trash can...
-His newest thing is telling you if you have spoken over him as he was talking. Apparentley (not naming names here) Daddy has told some ladies in our house that we talk over Brendan every once in a while. So now Brendan takes this very seriously and makes sure to call us on it constantly...even when we have not spoken over him. For instance, yesterday I'm teaching Trinity and he starts talking to me as I'm teaching. Then he sighs very loudly and disappointed. "Mama....you are talking over me!" So I try to explain it's only talking over someone if they start talking while you already are and he just did that to me. Yeah...three year old don't get it. "No Mama you were talking over me because I was already talking." Ok...
And of course there is the normal bathroom issues. He is pooping on the potty and he wants to wipe himself to which I said, "Noooooo, no, no, no....you can help me but you can't do that yet." So yesterday he pooped left the bathroom not telling anyone that he had and Trinity walks in the bathroom and tells me there are brown wads of toilet tissue everywhere. I walk in and it smells like a port-o-potty. Ugghh I am trying not to gag as I have to clean it up (it is everywhere and smeared everywhere) and lysol and disenfect everything. Gross! Then after I clean him up properly I go to wash my hands and he has cheeto puff fingerprints all over the counter and wall and windowsill and the towel for drying hands. And then Craig's says, "Oh he had poop on his hands?! I just let him get some cheetos from the bag and then I just ate some!!" I'm trying not to laugh as I 'm thinking (very sarcastically), "Oh really? (heehee that's what you get for making me clean up the port-o-potty bathroom)".
All this said this makes me laugh so hard. And most of the time I have to do it back turned to him because he wants to be taken so seriously. I love three year olds (minus the potty issues).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment