Saturday, January 23, 2010

Teeth

Annaliese is growing like a weed.  She now crawls everywhere and likes to get into everything.  She's pulling up on everything too.  She has pulled herself up on the sofa and bounces on her chunky legs for awhile before plopping down on her plump little tushy.  Because she is into everything she is also putting everything into her mouth which explains her new word...Bahhhh (bad).  She does that sound (it's a really guttural grunty sound) to the dog food bowls, to the cat, to paper (as we do lessons), and to the stairs.  It's hilarious.  Craig was holding her and talking to his mom on the phone and telling about Annaliese making the sound and then Annaliese says, "Baaahhh".  She giggles and waves her arms so excited about her ability to say something we understand.  Oh, she also waves to her brother and anyone else she sees now when I'm walking her around the house.  It's a full body wave but just so cute.

And then there are her two new bottom teeth.  Oh they were so cute and painful as they came in.  Now I'm ready to stop breastfeeding.  Two days in a row she as decided to bite me as she is feeding and not let go!  I feel like a wolf caught in a bear trap.  Oh my goodness I'm hurting so bad (it's also the same side)!  Everyone of my kids have done this and I know once she sees that feedings stop when she does this she will then stop biting...but getting to that point is more than a little unnerving.

We are going to celebrate my sweet nephew's 14th birthday this afternoon and I'll take some pictures and post them later.  It's been really busy week with home school and me working out hard to strengthen my back so sorry for not posting too much lately.  Being a mom and home school mom is just never over...there is always so much to accomplish in a day.  But it's also the best job and I wouldn't trade any of it for the world.

1 comment:

  1. Kari, I love this! It makes me laugh and remember when - -You are amazing. Love You Mom

    ReplyDelete