Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What's that?

 Good news...Annaliese is crawling and cruising and into everything.  Bad news...she's into everything which means everything goes into her mouth.  She looks like  puppy with a toy in her mouth as she happily crawls after brother and sissy.  She's been known to have a foil wrapper in her mouth as she crawls after them, a chapstick in her mouth while she cruises, and known to shove Princess's dog food into her mouth before I can get to her.  I thought I was doing pretty well.  I mean even if it makes it into her mouth I do a clean sweep with my finger and get out whatever goody she's got in her mouth.  She screams and throws a little fit because of hurt feelings but then she's back to discovering the world around her.

But I realized last week and then last night that there are apparently times that (not on my watch of course you know because I am just a perfect mother...ok you can stop laughing) I have not seen something go into her mouth.  Last week I was vacuuming Trinity's room when I saw a Barbie salt and pepper shaker that's the smaller than a grain of rice but bright lime green on the floor.  So I picked it up and put it on her vanity and told her to put it in her Barbie container.  The next couple of days Annaliese was screaming and writhing with every gas she let out.  I was beginning to recount what she had eaten.  Everything was normal and I hadn't introduced anything new.  I figured that the 10 chocolate covered strawberries I ate on Valentines Day must have bothered her.  So I vowed no more dark chocolate for next few days.  But her tummy pains didn't get better and she and I were exhausted from fighting all night as I tried to nurse her and walk her to sleep.  At the pediatrician's office our doctor who had brain cancer and chemo the two years before came in with a motorized wheel chair (after I had gotten on to the nurses that I had been waiting 2 hours in the exam room waiting for the doctor).  So I forgot to ask about her stomach issues.  That evening she finally pooped.  Being the good momma that I am I inspected it to see if she was constipated or what in the world gave her so much pain.  And that's when something bright green caught my eye.  Now I am not completely surprised at what I find in pooh after Brendan discovered he loved eating play dough and crayons when Trinity and I weren't quick enough to grab it away.  But I have been so diligent on watching everything Annaliese gets into her mouth that I was really upset.  It was after a long week of her being in pain and then passing a salt and pepper shaker that I had asked someone to put up.  Of course that someone said that she did and that when she got a barbie for Annaliese to look at it must have come out and she didn't know it.  I didn't get onto her too much because she was upset that her baby sister had been in pain and had eaten something she was supposed to put away.
 Here is a pen next to the salt and pepper shaker...imagine finding that in your diaper!


And yesterday Annaliese pooped out some red foam after having diarrhea for three days.  Now she's fine.  But again, where did the red foam come from?  I'm still at a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment