Monday, December 13, 2010

Froggie Cake

I am so behind on posting because I've been so busy with birthdays, Thanksgiving, homeschool, and recuperating from my surgeries.  But at last I am posting my frog cake I made for Brendan's 5th birthday.  He loved it until he ate it and then he announced he really liked the Publix spiderman cupcakes Daddy bought to celebrate with his grandparents much better.  I tried really hard not to get upset because he wasn't trying to be mean just being honest which I appreciate.  But I have to say after the elaborate feast I prepared for our family at Thanksgiving and then the next day had to make and ice his cake...I really wish he told me this earlier to avoid utter exhaustion and grumpy Mama mode from being overworked in the kitchen.  I live and learn!

Here's his cake:


The frog didn't come out exactly like I wanted but it was pretty good....it tasted delicious!!!  Homemade cream cheese pound cake and buttercream icing...yummy!


Blowing out the candles
 Another cute picture!

 This is him eating the spider man cupcakes.  What a difference.  He loved these!  Did I mention they all came with cool rings?  Yeah...maybe if my frog had some cool superhero rings my frog would have been cooler?

 Although sleepy Annaliese really loved the icing too! It's truly amazing to see their diapers later!  Good thing I knew what they had eaten!

 Grandma Paternostro with the birthday boy!

 A smooch always brings a smile!  Even if interrupting cupcake eating.

 PawPaw Paternostro still sore after the 32 biopsies just days ago!  Praise God all were negative for cancer!!

My biggest angel!


Opening birthday presents from Mama, Daddy, sissies and Grandma and Grandpa Belt

 Again she's tired and maybe feeling a little left out of the present opening?  She's so cute.

 I included this here because I see cute Annaliese behind him with this little poutty face.  She could not wait to eat some of the green icing.  We gave her a frog leg which was completely icing.  She was in heaven.
 These are just random pictures of Annaliese's new hiding place behind the Christmas tree.
 She's smiling because I found her.
 Here she's saying her favorite word...."No!"  I was asking her to smile.  I think I got a smile anyway, heehee! Can you say "two years old"?
 And here's the birthday boy again not mad just making his "handsome face".  He would not smile.
 Here I got him to crack a teeny smile but he kept saying, "This is my handsome face for pictures!"  Oh please Brendan do your smile again!
 Here Trinity is crying but I'm getting her to laugh.  Her baby sister pinched her and she was not happy.  Annaliese is quite a handful.
So there's some catch up for now.  Christmas and Craig and I celebrating our 13th anniversary is coming!  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment