Sunday, October 30, 2011

Mercier Orchards

It took us 1 1/2 hours to drive there and we spent an hour in the orchards devouring Pink Lady and Ambrosia apples (and I think Fuji and Gala on the way back down to the store).  Needless to say we were appled out by the time we got home...or so I thought.  Annaliese ate three applesauces I had packed for our lunch on the way home!   She really really loves apples!  We had a fantastic time, although I felt everything in the store was way overpriced.  Five bucks for a small back of caramel popcorn!  Went home and made homemade (and super yummy) for under $2 and we 12 cups for the stuff rather than only having 10oz bag.  Same for pies.  Sixteen bucks for a sweet potato pie!!  Unreal!  I can make a fantastic pie apple, sweet potato, pumpkin you name it under 10 bucks every time!  I'll be prepared next time and have some premade to eat on the way home.


 Daddy was ready to pick apples...so were the kids after the long drive and then a cool tractor ride
 This was a view of the orchard and the small house in the background is the original apple house
Much prettier in person but I tried to capture the beauty on film

It was an amazing drive...the trees were painted with God's amazing strokes of vibrant yellows, burnt oranges and iridescent greens and reds.  It was also 48 degrees and windy it was gorgeous!!  I love fall in the mountains.  What a great state to live in where we have gorgeous Blue Ridge mountains, and beaches and swamps.  I really love Georgia.

1 comment:

  1. Just came across your blog and thought I'd comment. It's so beautiful there. Your pictures came out great! Such a beautiful family! We just started a blog and was just looking at other blogs for tips and your blog is great! Hope you have a great day and if you get some time, check out our blog! Would love to get those pie recipes you can make affordably!

    ReplyDelete