Friday, February 3, 2012

Spring in February?

In honor of Beauregard, our Southern groundhog ambassador, I thought I would change the blog background to a more spring like feel.  Yes, it is only February and Trinity's birthday is next week (and follow soon after are Tanya's birthday, Dad's birthday, and Valentines Day).  But it is downright spring here in Georgia.  The thrift is blooming and popping up on hillsides all around Woodstock, my tulips were sprouting at the same time my Lenten  Roses were blooming!  I'm just praying it will stay like this and there will be no hard freeze to damage all the white buds on our neighborhood pear trees.  It would ruin that cloud like affect we get every spring that is just beautiful and reminds me of how Christ cleansed us all after our death.  Doesn't winter just seem a little like a really long sleep and death?  And then here comes that warm weather and longer days and all comes back to life.

So happy spring in February!  Next week we're taking Trinity ice skating (everyone's first time except for moi) and I can't wait.  I'll post some more current pictures real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment