Monday, September 28, 2009

Good things

After all the rain and flooding in our area last week I am so thankful for the sun that poked it's head out yesterday and finally today. Craig helped to clean up all the debris that had been carried by flood waters at church on Saturday. We couldn't get over all the area that had flooded. But we had prayed for rain and God answered...so I really shouldn't complain!

Sunday we were able to enjoy the weather and go for a walk in the afternoon. I think we ended up dragging Chippy most of the way home. I'm so ready to go back to church and I think that's what I miss the most about Sunday. I've always been a fanatic about my kids not going into public places when they are babies and now I think Annaliese has already had her first cold and several other viruses and she hasn't even been out but to the doctor (I know, I know, I am a little crazy-germophobe). The older two bring it all home whether I keep her here or not. The real issue is my clothes...I am still wearing maternity clothes and stretch pants. I am ten pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight and I am able to put on my clothes but oh goodness it is not a pretty sight. I've always had issues with the top half during breastfeeding times. I am HUGE. So obviously none of my button up shirts work. If I wear a v-neck top that fit me great at my former b status now I look like an advertisement for a plastic surgeon (and not for a breast reduction). Not really a message I am willing to display and go anywhere in. Then my pants are so tight I feel very insecure. Why don't clothing makers make in between postpartum clothes? I mean they would make a fortune because I (and I am sure most normal women) have this problem with every pregnancy. I cannot fit my clothes until after 6 months and then for some reason I start to drop that remaining weight. I also don't want to spend my birthday money on clothes that I know I am only going to wear for a couple more months until my body starts to get back to a kind of normal shape (is any body really back to "normal" after having a baby?).

Well on to other good things. I think I got a little side-tracked by my not so lovely insecurities and vanity again. Annaliese had her pediatric eye specialist visit today. He freaked us out for a millisecond when he said he saw one eye scrunching up and then confirmed it was nothing. He wants to see her again in 4 months just to make sure nothing comes up and told us more than likely this is just something she was born with. Praise God! Plus he didn't have to dilate her eyes and hold her down like last time so no black eyes this week!

Also, Craig is still plugging away at his widows ministry and he is really looking at modeling it after someone he's interviewed and spoken with in Tennessee. This man is really becoming a mentor for Craig because of his faith that God will provide and just his intense prayer life and reliance on God. Check out his (Andy) website to see what we are in the beginning stages of and to get a clearer idea about what God has placed in Craig's heart: http://www.widows.org/
We are meeting with one of our church's widows for lunch this week to get an idea about the needs in our area and at our church. Craig will also be volunteering with the our churches LOVELOUD widows project this October. I think that will be a wonderful way he can get in there and see first hand what these widows need and let them meet him and know what he's doing. We still feel so blessed to be called to do this but also so overwhelmed by the task at hand. Please keep us in your prayers and that God will shine his light on our path and direct and bless us on our journey.

Just for fun here is a hilarious picture of Brendan dressing up in my old slips (from 8th grade and high school). He calls himself white guy (original, eh?) who changes into a car, then a truck, then a bad guy, then a good guy, then......(it goes on like this for several minutes while I feign awestruck attention to his story-and try not to zone out on all the things I need to get done). Craig loves, loves, loves (really) to see Brendan running around in my old lingerie...ok at least Brendan has his work goggles on that came with his weed wacker and blower. His reaction as he comes down from his makeshift office that afternoon, "What in the world is my son wearing, KARI, have you seen this?" "Yeah isn't he cute...hey Brendan come tell Daddy what you are". Then I quickly run to the kitchen to do dishes as Brendan has a new listener to his awesome story.



His face is so smooshed in these goggles and I think that's ice cream dripping down his chin (it's almost bath time so why clean him up?)
And here's sissy joining in the fun (can you tell these two have been cooped up in the house for almost two weeks straight because of rain?)

No comments:

Post a Comment