Well I promised I would post yesterday what direction God is leading us. This is all still very vague as we gain understanding and grasp what the Lord has called us to but at the same time we are excited at what we continue to get confirmation of through scripture. It's just amazing how I can be overcome by fear at the overwhelming task ahead that He has called us to and I'll be reading my devotional or scripture and each one will have incredible direction and clarity as if God is speaking out loud to me. I praise Him for that because I know I sure need to strengthen these faith muscles of mine and He could just leave me hanging all powerful that He is...but He never does He never leaves me to my fears.
Soooo...God is leading us to start a ministry/non-profit that has been inspired from the several places in the bible that instruct us to care for and provide for the orphans and widows. Craig and I both feel a strong call to the children particularly providing for the children in foster care and under social services. Craig has been in contact with local agencies and is interviewing several people who have roles for caring for these kids through church and in our local area and government. It's overwhelming the needs of the kids and foster parents and parents who have lost their kids and the social workers. Our first step is gaining information and direction as we set up the ministry as a non-profit organization. In October it looks like we will be starting with a garage sale to start the funding. This so little information and so scary as we aren't sure where God wants us in particular yet but we just keep remembering His incredible faithfulness through this time of unemployment and through my pregnancy and I can't help but not doubt Him.
As we get more information I will be posting. Please be in prayer for us as we our led by God on this new journey. May He be glorified in our weakness and may we do great things for His glory and these precious children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment