Saturday, September 5, 2009
We aren't Indian
Yesterday as I was opening the windows to let in some fresh air after Craig had cleaned the bathrooms with bleach, I found out why we had such an infestation of flying ants and crawling ants at these windows in the spring. I hate ants....ants of any kind!! I am gardener and know that ants are beneficial to the environment (blah, blah, blah) and Craig loves to remind me that God made them and of course they should be allowed to live because they have a purpose (again, blah, blah, blah is all I hear). In the sash where Craig had placed foam weatherstripping there was literally an ant colony (nasty larvae and all) living and thriving. Gross!! I would have taken a picture but again I hate ants and do not wish to share my blogspot page that I post adorable pictures of my kids with grody to the max ant babies! Yuck! Ok so after I call Craig to come and tell me how to get this foam stripping out of the sash (after I have doused them with windex) he now has to replace the weatherstripping that came with the window. So Brendan is "helping" Daddy and Craig says something to me in spanish (which is a language he hardly knows) and he asks Brendan what he said. And Brendan says, "Daddy, I don't know Spanish 'cause we're not Indian." I just thought that was so funny. Can you tell we are learning about Native American Indians in school now?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment