Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Sun!
After rain and a river in our backyard we have SUN!! I am so happy! I love the rain and pulling out a good book and a cup of tea or hot chocolate and getting cozy listening to the thunder and rain...but after a good week of down pouring I am so thankful to God for letting the sun break through the clouds. I let the kids out front to ride bikes since our backyard is a soggy swamp land. I wonder if Craig feels at home since it's like being in New Orleans...muggy and miserable. But my plants (and the grass and some weird and grotesquely shaped smelly mushrooms) are growing like crazy. I really don't think I could live in Seattle or any rainy city for that matter I think I would go crazy! Now I'm praying for the sun to dry up the ground because next week we going apple picking!! And I can't wait to make apple cobbler, apple cake, apple pie, apple sauce, apple ....ok I sound like Bubba Gump...only it's apples and not shrimp. I love love love this time of year!! The crisp air, cooler nights, the leaves turning, the apples (had to throw that in there), and remembering when Craig and I met.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment