Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Getting ready for Thanksgiving
Praise God I'm feeling better! I have gotten some cute turkey centerpieces and name cards printed out. We decided, after our family devotional last week, that we would make a turkey and a bunch of individual feathers from construction paper. We thought each feather would have something we are thankful for and the more thankful we are the more feathers and the more beautiful our turkey would be. I still need to rip the construction paper feathers and Trinity is looking forward to helping. She and Brendan helped me make the apple pie (she peeled! I'm so thankful for her being able to help with that!), the Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie, and this afternoon we will be making a sweet potato meringue topped pie and chopping the veggies for our stuffing. Yesterday, I made the Cranberry-Pineapple Gelatin Salad (so good-I may sneak a bite), and tomorrow we'll be eating sage sausage and apple dressing (Craig's mom may bring her oyster dressing), garlic mashed potatoes and giblet gravy, herb roasted turkey, green beans almondine (since I can't have the cheese in my normal cheddar cheese green bean casserole), roasted carrots, yummy Hawaiin rolls, and all the yummy pies for dessert! I just wish my mom and dad and sister and her family were here with us. I'm so thankful for our family and I'll take lots of pictures tomorrow of our family and feast and "thankful turkey". Then Saturday another birthday! My Bren-Bren's 4! I'll post all that fun this weekend. Happy Thanksgiving!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment