We celebrated Craig's grandmother's birthday this past Saturday. I was going to post these on Sunday but I had a bad allergic reaction and fever to my antibiotics. By Wednesday I was itchy and having a hard time breathing but I'm finished with the antibiotics and feeling much better today. So here are some pictures of his sweet godly grandmother who turned 88 years old. She and her husband (Odell who is now heaven) were very involved in their Baptist church in New Orleans. He was a deacon, in the choir, and they taught Sunday School to children for years. Craig's parents raised their boys Catholic (his Dad is Italian and his family was very Catholic) but every time they came to visit the Peart's they would tell them about Jesus and witness to them. I know they must have prayed for their grandsons to know and accept Jesus and I'm so happy their prayers for Craig have been answered.
Gram is very frail now with alzheimer's, severe osteoporosis, and is just plain weak, but her smile can light up a room. She is just a sweetheart and ever since I met her back in 1996 when I went with Craig and his family to visit them in New Orleans she made me feel I was part of her family. That is such a blessing. I'm so thankful for the wonderful day we had with her because we just don't know how many more we have. Happy Birthday again sweet Gram!
Brendan plays balloon toss with Gram
She's waiting patiently for us to cut the cake
She's smiling for the camera (she kept saying not too big a slice..)
Trinity reads her research paper on Cougars to her Grandma Paternostro
Grandma listens intently (Annaliese not so much)
My in-laws always try to get a picture of them and all the grand kids together (their pride and joy)
No comments:
Post a Comment