Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Kidney beans

Well, I got an answer to my prayers this week!  My back pain is a full blown kidney infection that I've apparently had for 4 to 5 months now.  Yikes!  Brendan was asking why I had to take this funny looking medicine (that he thought were my vitamins) and lacidophilus (that's acidophiles).  I told him I had a kidney infection and that's why my back and bladder had been hurting so much.  So he looks at me for awhile and I try to explain to Trinity and him what our kidneys do and why it's important for me to take this medicine.  I show them a picture on the internet so they can see what they look like.  They both thought it was funny that they looked like a bean...a kidney bean.  I'm just hoping these antibiotics kick this infection so I don't need any more meds or testing. 

Next week I plan on a huge Thanksgiving spread (I get to cook-YAY!) and lots of fun with my kids.  I'm already planning my days off from school to do a little Christmas shopping while I get the food for Thanksgiving.  I think I'll have the kids make some kind of craft for place settings.  Last year we did the Mayflower and that was really fun.  I'm thinking a big turkey with feathers made with their traced hands and each finger they get to write (or for Brendan tell me) what they are thankful for on each of the "feathers". 

Anyway, I'm so happy I can lay on my back and stomach again to sleep and am starting to feel better!  I'm so praying my back pain was just an infection and that I'll start catching up on my sleep.  And I'm counting the days of this week for vacation from home school!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you found out what was causing you so much pain. I've had many bladder infections and it is miserable but I can't imagine having the infection for that long. Makes me hurt just to think about it. Praying you feel much better soon.

    ReplyDelete