Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back to school

We had three weeks of vacation and now we are back to school.  I had to take one week of extra vacation because Trinity and Brendan got the flu the week before they were supposed to start vacation.  Not much of a "vacation" week to start but I have to count it as that for recording purposes and for the government.  Anyhoo, I took some pictures of our cool lab we started for science.  She is doing labs and experiments I didn't get to do until college.  I really love this curriculum.  Here are the kiddos growing seedlings, Brendan painting a Christmas picture, and Annaliese smilin' and jumping and eatin' Cheerios in her exersaucer (she is such a happy and sweet baby).

Look at her!  She is so precious.  And she is crawling!! 




She also went from laying on her tummy to sitting on her behind last night and now it's impossible to put a diaper on...but I'm so excited that she can do that now!



Here are the kiddos with their seedlings

Here the radishes are sprouting in our greenhouse



Trinity has to record their growth after drawing the different stages of development


After she sketches the seedlings she gets to record the number of seedlings
on her bar graph

Here are the radishes in soil and Brendan's watermelon seed


Brendan with another cold in mid smile because he is now wanting his picture taken (I think he wants more attention)

This is what he accomplished while Trinity graphed and sketched her seedlings


It's hard getting back in the groove of school (especially since I have a cold too) but the kids really love it and I have to say it is fun for me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment