Thursday, April 8, 2010

Boys

 Brendan playing restaurant (who knew Mc-y D's had chefs?  Just one more reason to love those nuggets)
When I found out I was carrying a boy 4 years ago I was excited but very worried about how to raise and deal with a boy.  I grew up in a family of girls.  My dad, and his hunting dog Sammy, were the only boys.  But dad traveled alot for work and when hunting season came he was gone for at least a week.  This left alot of time for just the girls. 

So over the last four years I have learned that boys are different.  Not drastically but different in say cleanliness.  Case and point would be the bathroom cleanliness.  When I was growing up the nastiest part of cleaning the bathroom was the hair on the counters or in the drain along with mascara or hairspray that had somehow gotten on the mirrors or counter tops.  Trinity isn't in the makeup stage for several more years but manages to leave toothpaste all over her counter.  She usually drops the bright blue gel onto her bathroom rug and forgets all her used washcloths (hence Craig nicknaming it the washcloth cemetery).  Brendan peepees on the floor, sometimes the walls, and as I found yesterday the back of the toilet. I had to remind him to look where he is peeing because every time I go into the bathroom I have to clean it up.  Disgusting!  I won't complain about cleaning up the toothpaste gunk as much...sorry can't say anymore because that still annoying.

I love having a boy with the peeing on the walls and floor, dirt underneath the fingernails, potty humor, mischievousness, and all  I am so glad God blessed us with at least one boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment