Friday, April 16, 2010

What a Haircut Can Do

Yesterday Brendan was bored.  He goes nuts when he's bored (read: he bothers sissy who is trying her best to do her schoolwork or tells me over and over again how bored he is even with the bagillion toys hanging around our house and taking up space that I would LOVE to be free from kid toys).  So Craig told me that I needed to do preschool with him next year because Brendan is getting into trouble since he has nothing to do.  He forgot that I spent over $300 on preschool curriculum for Brendan and Brendan has devoured it and wants more. 

Well I had already been preparing for the Iowa Test of Basic Skills I am administering to Trini next week and had gotten two catalogs for homeschool curriculum for next year and decided to look through it while Annaliese was in the corner pooping.  Nice thought right?   At least I get a little time to catch up on some stuff at certain times.  Anyway, one of the catalogs I showed to Brendan as we looked through their preschool curriculum had this beautiful family on it.  The Dad has spikey black hair and Brendan said it looked like Daddy except Daddy shaves his head so it's more crunchy.  And then he noticed there was a little boy in family that had long hair that was smooth like his and he raises his eyebrows up and down like he's so handsome.  I started laughing it was so cute.  Then I pointed out the little girl that looked about Trinity's age and how they had the same kind of hair too.  Then he notices the Mama in the picture.  She is gorgeous, blonde, and probably 10 years younger than me (although that's what I'm telling myself now after the conversation with Brendan...before I thought we could be the same age).  He asks me why my hair is not long like hers and I tell him after Annaliese was born I wanted a change and cut my hair.  He raises his eyebrows at me and says, "You are no longer allowed to cut your hair short.  It needs to be long.   So don't you cut your hair short ever again!"

This is cracking me up so I ask why I can't cut my hair, "will it make me look like a boy?"

"No, it won't make you look like a boy!  Because if you cut it people like the lady that said hi to us on our walk yesterday well she looked at you (here he raises his eyebrows like the lady apparently did) like you were like you were..."

"Like I was your sister?"

"No!  Like you were our grandma!"

WHAT!!  Ok now I'm in shock...and trying so hard not to laugh or get my feelings hurt.  I'm thinking I may need to grow out my bangs after this next comment.

"When your hair is short your wrinkles on your forehead really stick out and the ones between your eyebrows like when your mad and that makes you look old because old people have wrinkles and you look like a ole person with all your wrinkles on your forehead so don't cut your hair."  He says all this matter of factly and a little like he's my father.

Oh my goodness...I had no idea that my haircut could make me look like a grandma.  If I look like one now I can't wait to hear his comments when I actually am one.  Little turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment