Thursday, August 26, 2010

This House Is Not For Sale!

We got our papers this afternoon and we read over everything.  We will be able to afford and keep the house.  they extended our loan to 32 years and put the interest rate at a fixed 4.25% and of course tacked on the late fees, interest charges from being late, and the escrow they paid when we defaulted on our loan.  We have until the fourth of September to negotiate these terms and get these papers signed, notarized, faxed, AND Fed Ex back to them.  I'm going to ask Craig if we can mention the Debt Relief Act to them and see if they will forgive our late fees.  That might lower our payments a bit more to help pay off more debt.  But really I am just thankful we will not have to worry about losing our home anymore.  I am thankful that we can start paying off our debts from these 2 years and get our family back on a more sane ground.  We really wanted to give a family Thanksgiving and a Christmas as we got the last two years and we might be able to do that this year given we will have a home.  Thank you Jesus!  And just for the record some relatives of ours that have helped us have gotten so arrogant and do not believe that God has helped us but that "they" have helped us and Craig and I just felt like crying and shouting at the same time when this would happen.  We just want to state for the record that GOD ALONE got us through this incredibly trying time and HE ALONE provided and sustained and we will always be thankful for that and praise Him for that.  Thank you God for hearing our cries for help.  I don't know how many times I prayed:

Hear my prayer, O Lord,
And let my cry come to You.
Do not hide Your face from me in the day of my trouble;
Incline Your ear to me;
In the day that I call, answer me speedily.  Psalm 102:1,2

And the Lord did.  Please don't forget that when you think you can't bear anymore grief or pain.  He answers and He also wants you to wait on Him for the answer and not just step ahead of His timing.  I learned that these last two years the hard way.  But I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment