Craig called Bank of America today and asked what the status was of our in-home modification. The guy was like, "Oh yeah you'll find out soon. Maybe later hmmm. Just depends you know since someone is out on vacation in Quality Assurance where your modification was sent for approval." Craig said, "Man, you do realize that our house is being sold on the courthouse steps on the 7th of September, right?!" Manny (our reps name) says, "Oh I can slow that procedure down." Craig says, "What?! You told me last week you couldn't because it was underwritten by Fannie Mae which has been taken over by the government and everything takes forever now to get stopped once the process is started?!!" Manny replies, "Oh yeah. That's right. Well you'll find out no later than next week." (after he told us last week we would find out no later than last Friday and then that became this Tuesday). So Craig says, "Man, look we are going to lose our home and we need to know what's happening." "Ok, I'll walk down there right now and call you this afternoon or by tomorrow." Thanks for the real sense of "urgency" Manny. Glad your pants aren't on fire because who knows maybe you could just hmmm put some water on them or something?
Kara our case manager appointed to us in the President's Office calls this afternoon and asks if Manny called us to update us. Nope. She gives Craig a Fed Ex tracking number and tells him she believes it will be here tomorrow morning. So Craig looked it up this afternoon and sure enough we will be getting it first thing tomorrow. Tomorrow. Sigh. Is this really going to be over? I'm numb right now. I'm so sanded down and finally willing to just wait on God and His will that I have no emotion no anxiety no worry. Tomorrow we will find out what God's will is on our future. Whether we stay in this home or whether we start over or live with a relative while we build our lives up again. I truly believe we are here to stay. The question in my mind is, "will this be excruciatingly difficult to maintain our home and other finances of everyday life with a family of 5? or will I be able to clothe and feed my children; get back to maintaining our home; and paying back our debts all while truly living our lives as God intended?". I know that's two questions but months ago there would have been a page full of why's. Now I truly trust in Him. God my life is in Your mighty sovereign hands. I trust You with my life, Craig's life, and my children's lives your will be done and I will praise Your holy name!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment