Little Gnocchi and the family had a long drive back up to Jasper to visit the Rescue Ranch's vet since he's been very sick since we adopted him three weeks ago. It was a great new clinic in downtown Jasper. It was so weird driving through downtown because I had dreamed of the mill and railroad and I've never even been there. I was driving and Craig thought I was going to drive off the side of the road because I was freaking out saying, "Oh my goodness!!! I dreamed of this place this is so weird!!!". I know I know me and my weird dreams. I asked God while waiting in the vet office, "Why did you have me dream about this place?". Maybe one day I'll know, if it's His will.
Anyway, he was parasite free and just had stress diarrhea from moving homes so many times after being brought with his sister, Mischa, in July and it had turned into a bacterial infection. After a week of antibiotics there have been no more accidents as he rushes for the litter box and his stinky factor has gone down tremendously. I actually enjoy him sitting on my lap now. Before, let's just say I mastered breathing through my nose (like when I worked in the hospital). And maybe I can bring the kids stuffed bear chair back in the house. But then again, I think we all know that thing is history. If his diarrhea comes back we'll have to have his stool cultured and get him a strain specific antibiotic to treat his infection. So far though he looks like he's on the mend, praise God!
Craig has had a rough month of sickness. First a really bad cold with fever and this Friday he came home with food poisoning after eating wings at the office. He's just starting to feel better this morning, although he's still in bed and doesn't want to see or hear about food. And that's not normal for him-even if he's not a foodie like me. I hope he's feeling better by tomorrow because he's got a 6 day week which means I'm going to have to reschedule my Christmas shopping for the family until Sunday. Ugh, that will be a crazy day but what can I do? I think Spa Sydell is calling my name for a Deluxe Spa Day...ok, maybe I'll stop for a mani and pedi? Eh, who am I kidding. I'll just go eat the molten lava cakes I made for my sister-in-law's birthday we had to miss this weekend. Oh so sinfully good!
I also had a really bad start to my week last week. I was feeling strong 7 weeks post-op from my two surgeries and thought I'd start walking with the kids and Chipperdoodle again. I walked our whole neighborhood twice this week. By Tuesday night my back felt pretty weak and sore but I stretched while Trinity was in dance and was feeling optimistic about getting back in shape. Then 3am Wednesday morning I was in so much pain from spasming back muscles. I had called my doctor for a muscle relaxant and picked it up that afternoon to help me sleep that night. That night I though my back would break in half. My doc didn't think the relaxer would help and he was right. I stopped the walks and just rested the rest of the week. I really think that pushing the gigantic stroller with the two kids (they are over 60 lbs and the stroller is about 20 lbs) through the neighborhood through my pregnancy and afterwards has caused the back pain unrelated to my adenomyosis. I still wake up with I.C. issues every couple hours and I wake up with very minor back pain around 4am. Now to discuss treatment for that on Tuesday with my surgeon. Will I ever be able to work out again? It's not just the flabbiness or grossing myself out looking in the mirror, exercise is my sanity saver. Around 9am every morning I NEED a walk with the kids or I feel like I'm going to go crazy! So I'm praying that God will show me another way without hurting my back and allow me some sanity! He sure knows I need all His help!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment