Saturday, February 11, 2012

New Haircut

Because we are short on money and I'm never satisfied with my haircolor since my sweet mother left Georgia (she used to do all my hair and highlights) I now do my own color (lowlights, highlights, toning)  but I cannot cut my hair allover.  Bang trims yeah but even that I'm not great at.  So Mom this post is for you.  Look at how much I've learned about color and what a good hair cut can do.  The first picture is a over done balayage highlight and a cut done at a place down the street from a women who was having major menopause heat flashes and attitude (I can say this because at 36 and post hysterectomy I've had my share):

Can you say YIKES!
 This is after correcting my over bleached hair with lowlights in a 6GN from Sally's through a cap because I wanted it exactly in place AND after I toned it down with a semi-permanent in 8GN because I looked gray from the brown lowlights and bleached hair together.  Oh and the rocking hot hair cut from a great new salon that I will stick to from now on:
 I have some cooler tortoise shell chunky frames that look even better with this cut but these don't fall down my nose  
 So Mom how did I do?  I need to get another trim in a couple weeks (at least on the bangs) and I think I'm keeping my hair in a bob or lob from now on. I think I look younger with it shorter.  But I must say the color is SOOOOO much better in my honest opinion.  Ok, Mom and Dad whaddya think?  Did I do ok?

By the way I spend $200 on highlights and lowlights in the salon (and not even with the most expensive stylist) and at home I spent less than $30 and I have enough to do it again and again at least two or three more times this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment