My prayers and hopes for a better week have been answered. I have gotten some rest which makes a world of difference in how I view my circumstances and treat others around me. My doctor's appointment went well. And a sweet anonymous giver provided groceries for us this week through a gift card to Walmart left in our mailbox. I thank God the Holy Spirit guided that person to give because it fed us both physically and emotionally this week. My sweet mother through all that she has been going through with my dad being hospitalized sent us grocery money as well. I pray I don't have to use her money she sent...I pray we would have our food stamps before then. But it is reassuring to know we will have grocery money next week if our food stamps are not issued.
I pray that God would light a fire under the IT people who work for DFCS (where our food stamps are issued). The case worker and her supervisor cannot give us anything until the IT department call them back and reopen our account. It's really a time for us to shine as Christians. It's so easy to be nice to people when you have everything you need or the issue isn't about food or neccessities. But what happens when you don't have money to pay for your groceries and the government closed your account because of their mistakes? We as Christians have to shine- show patience, tender heart, forgiveness, and not take out our frustrations and fear of not being able to feed our family on the people who made the mistakes. God is gracing us with that mercy but we have to be in constant check of our tone of voice and our tongues. This is another way to witness our faith and it is a harder way but perhaps much more effective than words.
My dad has moved into the rehabilitation hospital yesterday and we pray for his healing and strength and for my mom as she continues to handle things on the farm and travel two hours to and from the hospital. On top of that my grandmother who has been battling breast cancer for two years fell two days ago and is now so weak and ravaged with cancer that she is bed ridden. But the amazing thing is during all this she is writing me weekly! What a blessing to have those cards and being able to send her encouraging words in her last days. Now I know where my mother's determined spirit comes from. Those Murdocks don't give up easily!
Thank God for all your prayers...and thank God for a better week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment