I felt like such an idiot and a horrible mother. Then I got aggravated (and told her) that everytime I was making a meal, changing a diaper, or cleaning she wants to give me a hug. I told her I can't hug her at those times because I am so busy. Right after that came out of my mouth I wished I could take it back. I started to cry...I felt like I had just whipped my little girl with my dagger-like words. I apologized for losing my temper and told her not to change about the hugs because she is doing just what God wants...showing love which is way more important than any junk I have to do. I can only pray that my little girl isn't scarred for life from my words that took less than a minute to spit out. It's so humbling when my children have to teach me a lesson in compassion and about God's love. I'm such an idiot!
Friday, July 17, 2009
I'm an idiot
I felt like such an idiot and a horrible mother. Then I got aggravated (and told her) that everytime I was making a meal, changing a diaper, or cleaning she wants to give me a hug. I told her I can't hug her at those times because I am so busy. Right after that came out of my mouth I wished I could take it back. I started to cry...I felt like I had just whipped my little girl with my dagger-like words. I apologized for losing my temper and told her not to change about the hugs because she is doing just what God wants...showing love which is way more important than any junk I have to do. I can only pray that my little girl isn't scarred for life from my words that took less than a minute to spit out. It's so humbling when my children have to teach me a lesson in compassion and about God's love. I'm such an idiot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment