Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Glutton for punishment
After only a month post-op I raced back to my surgeon and begged him to get me back into surgery as soon as possible to perform a hysterectomy. So Friday (the 24th) I went back into surgery and had a LAVH and enterocele repair. My doctor said I lost a lot of blood but praise God just enough to warrant a prescription for heavy duty iron and folate pills. Also, everything was extremely inflamed and crumbled while he tried to suture repairs. He was adamant that I rest for the next two weeks and he said that meant doing absolutely nothing. Hey doctors orders! But having three kids makes that near impossible. I am trying my hardest though and with the incredible sleep lost (my surgeon roughly estimated over 800 hours lost) I have been sleeping like a bear in hibernation. And I even think my black bags are slowly disappearing (although that could just be post op swelling). He said it was definitely adenomyosis and I am sure this was God's will. Even if I am a glutton for punishment. Especially since he's adamant I go back in about a year to finish all the needed repairs. This surgery was purely to treat and get rid of my pain from the past three or more years. Fun!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment