Friday, October 22, 2010

Spanish & Rescue Ranch

We're back to a regular homeschool schedule, that is if homeschool really has a "regular" schedule.  Monday through Friday we do school from 7am to 12pm and then catch up on reading and science experiments during Annaliese's naptime or after dinner.  Usually after dinner the kids ride their bikes with wild abandon (while I sound like a weirdo whooping and gasping each time they almost collide head on or hit Annaliese) in the driveway.  It's been such beautiful weather and all the trees I've planted over the last 10 years are just incredibly beautiful and are satisfying my desire to escape to the mountains this fall.

On Tuesday night Trinity goes to ballet and absolutely loves it!  Brendan and Annaliese and I wait in the hallway playing remote control cars or chasing each other and some other kids they have befriended.  Annaliese kind of stalks them.  She waits until they are pretty close and then runs over and waves hi and says hi over and over.  She loves those two little kids.  The older girl Cayla seems to really like Annaliese following her too.

Then on Friday we finish school early and go to the grocery and come home for lunch and finish spanish and computer again during Annaliese's nap.  Trinity cracks me up when we do spanish.  She gets tongue tied and I know she would do much better at french (her accent and grasp are much better when Daddy teaches her french words) but I don't know french and I get tongue tied trying to even speak it.  So spanish it is!

About a month ago we taught a Sunday School lesson about the importance of caring for all God's creations (such as the earth and animals).  And I asked everyone to pray on how we could help the animals particularly since so many people are giving up or losing their animals because of their finances or unfortunate circumstances.  Trinity wanted to go bring some supplies to the Rescue Ranch where we adopted Chippy or to volunteer with adoptions.  Since she's not old enough to volunteer I thought it would be great to go up and donate some supplies.  So tomorrow we are off bringing kitty litter, treats, toys and cleaning supplies for the Ranch.

This brings me to Christmas.  Usually at Christmas Craig and I plan some big deal present.  One year it was a gigantic tent and tunnel set, another year it was a basketball hoop and drumset, another it was bikes for the kids, and two years ago Chippy.  Do see where this is going?  This year I've only come up with 2 toys each and nothing for the big finale.  I'm wondering if this will be the 2nd year of an animal being our big surprise gift since we'll be visiting the ranch tomorrow, God willing.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

On another note, Craig and I are also going to pick up our wedding bands tomorrow.  I can't wait to see Craig's ring!  Mine needed repaired because the gold wore off where they sized it 13 years ago.  Craig's needed sizing and they put an inscription on the inside: Ruth 1:16-17.  I can't wait to see it!  Our anniversary is December 20th so it's just in time for a gift to each other!  I'll be taking pictures of the ring...and maybe other surprises?  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment